Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Work today

So, my previous boss asked me to help him with some work today. What kind of work, you ask? Well, we needed to buff a concrete basement floor in one of the units of my complex today. Buffing involves using a machine(Called a buffer(Duh XD)) that kinda looks like this:



We cleaned the floor with a kind of chemical that's designed to...ah...kill nearly everything. XD So, after we mixed it with water and scrubbed the floor nice and thoroughly, we used a special kind of vacuum to suck the majority of the water left on the floor. After that was done, I had the grueling task of cleaning out a large cubby-hole(or hell-hole, whichever you wanna call it. XD) that was under the basement staircase, that was filled with cardboard, dirt, and nearly 10 pounds of cat dung. O_O And I couldn't just gingerly shovel it out with a long-handled shovel, I had to duck under the stair case and crawl into the hole and get all the garbage out of there with a little hand-broom and little dust-pan, making LOTS of trips. Not fun. Obviously I wasn't gonna crawl around in there with no protection, so I put on a full face respirator mask, a headlamp(It was dark), gloves, and a full body zip-up protection suit.

So yeah, that was un-cool.


No comments:

Post a Comment